The Reality of Abuse
I came across a photo the other day, it was of a friend of mine and I.
Until today I had forgotten what followed this photo. Upon leaving the place we were, I was faced with degrading comments. I was belittled for meeting a friend at a bowling alley. It was constantly thrown in my face that "you just go to bars with single people," his exact words. I tried to defend myself and would say, "it's a bowling alley"...with his response being, "well it's got a bar inside right?" "ok, then it's a bar, so much for you being different from all the other women."
These were the red flags I ignored. This is the behavior I defended and apologized to him for doing nothing wrong. This ended with me constantly apologizing for what I had done...which was absolutely nothing.
The night ended in a fight followed by it being thrown in my face any chance he had throughout the rest of the relationship and even after. This behavior is not ok. No woman should ever have to go through what I have experienced.

Comments
Post a Comment